We’re Hiring! Client Services: Account Manager
Detail driven? Love people? Super organised? Determined? Calm under pressure?
We are looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic individual to assist our event design team in project managing our events and liaising with clients and internal crews to ensure each event runs smoothly. The perfect candidate works well under pressure; turns out quotes and various lists with accuracy and pace; can create and execute processes and procedures; liaises well with all people; has grit; and thrives in an atmosphere of excellence. If this sounds like your vibe then read on but before we tell you more, here’s a bit about us…
Hire Society is a medium-sized creative, vibrant and trend-setting event design company based in Sandton. We style events from concept generation through to execution in the areas of event design, décor, floristry, lighting and furniture. We are passionate about private events, such as weddings, as well as corporate brands, working with exceptional design skill in both areas.
The role is a mid level role. This is a multi-dimensional role incorporating client service management and creative oversight, as well as staff and project management.
Primarily, the job role is to service the client on the events that you have been allocated, from briefing through to set up and invoicing, working with both the internal teams and external suppliers.
As an Account Manager, you will:
- be responsible for meeting with clients, taking briefs from clients and sharing the brief with the creative and operations departments
- be involved in brainstorming the design brief and costing the event concept that the creative team proposes
- ensure that the brief from client (or internal creative/client service head) has been captured in the proposal and that the mood board and the quote ‘speak’ to each other
- liaise with suppliers to secure items required for events
- manage costs / expenses and relevant paperwork, within approved budgets, for procurement
- collate the costing and mood board into a proposal and presenting it to client
- manage reverts against client brief, timelines and budgets
- manage event logistics, crew and the creative stylist that work on your event
- assist with general administration relating to the rollout of events
- set up events on site, managing the HS team, external suppliers and liaising with clients to meet their expectations
- work within a team to ensure that events are executed within the required time frame, to the required standards
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a project management role
- A three-year degree or similar
- Knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft packages, in particular Excel
- Own, reliable transport and prepared to use personal vehicle for work purposes (will be remunerated)
- Integrity and grit
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and work under pressure, within stringent deadlines and dealing with moving targets
- Willingness to learn and grow in a dynamic and busy environment
- Hard working and happy to work on weekends on a regular basis
- Excellent people skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work with, and lead, different personality types
Please do not apply for this position if you do not have ALL of the above requirements. Upon application, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A cover letter in the body of the email. This must be a single paragraph stating why you are suitable for this position. Applications without this information will not be considered.
2. Your CV
* Please expect a delayed response over the festive season. We will make contact when our office re-opens in the New Year.