A Tale of Two Trends
This season sees a new hybrid of two trends: verdant tropical (lush, leafy botanicals) and folklore (intricate, boldly coloured patterns and prints, layering and textures). Think of the nostalgic worlds evoked in Lana Del Ray’s music videos.
The tropical aspect of the look is more James Bond-inspired than the monochrome and green that’s been so fashionable of late. The combination of multi-layered patterns and prints, and abundant textures (cane, linen, wood and basket weaves) is a nod to the magical folklore trend that is fast gaining popularity.
- Metallics are muted to earthy textures and shades: They’re now burnished, unpolished and fabulously textured or patterned. At Hire Society, we’re summer-ready with a fresh range of vases and candle holders that speak to this trend.
- The black and wood woven table is one of many in our new collection of woven stools in various shapes, sizes and patterns, which double up as small tables.
- The orange-and-white patterned rug, bright teal ottoman and fun, evocative animal print cushions are from our new collection of boldly printed, textured items in various shades of pastels and brights. Designed to be layered and set off against each other, these pieces combine to create a look that is uniquely tailored to a specific theme or brand.
- We’ll paint these rectangular cocktail tables any colour of your choosing (in this case, a vivid emerald). The legs are black here, but also come in gold or white.
- The Bentwood barstools, hand-made by skilled artisans, bring stunning curved lines and soft wood tones.
The look strikes a beautiful balance between old world glamour and clean, modern lines.